Your application to attend the 2017 IDREaM programme should be in the form of a written application of between 500 and 1,500 words. This should include ALL of the following:
- - Details of your current and (if relevant) future responsibility for donor-related activity
- - The present donor recruitment, retention and management challenges faced by (any or all) you / your organisation / your country. This should include information on targets and current recruitment and blood collection levels
- - What you hope to achieve (personally and professionally) from attending the IDREaM programme and how you think this will help you and the organisation your work for
- - An overview of how you plan to share new learning with others in your organisation
- - Any other reasons you believe you should be selected to receive this training
- - Please do include any photographs or other media (of yourself, your projects, maps etc.) you feel would support your application
Application Terms and Conditions
Your application should be between 300 and 1,000 words, cover all the points requested and be true in all respects.
You can edit a submitted application at any time up to the closing date. Only one application per individual.
- Eligibility. Application is open to individuals employed by a recognised blood collection organisaton in Africa or individuals who in some other way are responsible for blood donor recruitment and management issues. Applicants must submit their application in English.
- AfSBT Membership. Where applications are of similar merit, applicants who evidence Individual or Associate membership of AfSBT will be preferred
- Agreement to Terms and Conditions. By participating, you agree to be fully and unconditionally bound by these terms and conditions, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of the organising partners as final and binding.
- Opening Period. Applications will be accepted online until 31 October, 2017 at midnight. Entries date-stamped after this window will be deemed ineligible. The organising partners reserve the right to extend the deadline for entries at their discretion.
- How to Apply. Applications must be submitted using the online form provided on this site. The application must fulfil all requirements, as specified, to be eligible. Applications that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the organising partners. You understand that aspects of your application may be used in future publicity for the IDREaM programme or in other ways considered appropriate and that if awarded a training place your name and other details will be published.
- Selection of Applicants. Successful applicants will be selected by private judging. In this task, efforts will be made to allocate training places to applicants from different organisations/countries. Since costs per attendee may differ significantly, there is no set number of places that will offered. However, offers of places will be subject to the limitations imposed by the overall event budget
- Nature of Award. Successful applicants will be invited to attend training in Kigali w/c 19 February 2018. GBF reserves the right to change the date, duration or location at its sole discretion, although every effort will be made to avoid this. The principle of a training award will be that it incurs no (or minimal) direct cost to the individual or employing organisation.
- Limitations of Award. Specific agreement will be made with each successful applicant, but in principle GBF undertakes to fund the following i/ travel to and from the home location to the place of training using a route and method that optimises cost and time considerations. Travel will be in economy or equivalent class in all cases ii/ transfers to and from the transport terminal in the home country and at destination iii/ accommodation costs whilst attending training iv/ costs of essential visa/s v/ cost of essential health-related expenditure (for example vaccinations) vi/ provision of all subsistence in lieu of per diems vii/ insurance where it is feasible to obtain this on behalf of the attendee. GBF will not fund other costs. Such excluded costs to include (for the individual, but are by no means limited to) passports, luggage, clothing, computers, pens/stationary (and for the employing organisation, but are by no means limited to) employee salary whilst absent from post, back-fill arrangements, cost associated with disseminating learning after return from training etc.
- Respective Responsibilities. GBF’s decision on what will and will not be funded will be final. GBF reserves the right to make all attendance arrangements itself, but may request arrangements be made locally where this is advantageous for reason of cost or logistics. In this instance it is the responsibility of attendees to select the most cost effective options and to agree any spending with GBF in advance of commitment.
- Notification of Outcome. Successful applicants will be notified by e-mail to the e-mail address given within four weeks of the close of the contest. GBF and its partners shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the winner cannot be reached after reasonable efforts have been exerted during fifteen (15) days from first attempts to do so, or if he/she is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not (now or subsequently) comply with these rules, successful applicants may have the offer of a place withdrawn and an alternate applicant may be selected.
- Terms. GBF reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend applications should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct be identified. In such case, the organizing parties may select from all eligible applications received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken. GBF reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, GBF reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. GBF reserves the right not to award some or any training places where - by agreement of the judges – none of the submissions received are deemed to meet a subjective threshold of “appropriate quality”.
- Limitation of Liability. In applying you agree to release and hold harmless GBF, its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) an applicant's participation in the selection process and/or his/her (ii) acceptance of a place on and subsequent attendance at a training event
- Governing Law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these official rules or the rights and obligations of entrants or sponsor in connection with the contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the state of Oklahoma without giving effect to any choice of law of conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state's laws.